USHERS WHO HAVE GONE THROUGH ORIENTATION
Check The Schedule & Sign Up for Events
Register to Become A New Volunteer
NEXT ORIENTATION: SATURDAY JUNE 29 3:00 PM - THEATRE LOBBY
(Takes 1 hour 15 min)
Volunteers are an important aspect of the El Campanil Theatre. Special events, rentals and in-house productions are all a part of the volunteer experience. There are many opportunities to help the Theatre with a variety of events and times! All persons age 15 and older are welcome to participate in our volunteer program.
Volunteers are required to fill out the Volunteer Application and will be contacted to participate in one training session. Training sessions will be held throughout the year and attendance at one is required before participation can begin.
Standing for long periods of time (up to 4 hours)
Bending over to pick items up off the floor
What Do Theatre Volunteers Do?
* Carry out all El Campanil Theatre policies
* Take tickets
* Hand out programs and other printed materials
* Usher patrons to their correct seats
* Prevent food and drinks from being taken into the auditorium. Bottled water is the only exception. (During films we permit
popcorn sold at the concession stand)
* Work in the concession stand
* Be alert for any disturbance or emergency
* Direct patrons to restrooms and telephones (ticket office)
* Have a basic understanding of the theatre’s history
* Be knowledgeable of emergency evacuation procedures
* Perform a light clean up after the show
* Set examples of good theatre etiquette
* Enjoy the benefits of teamwork
* Take the extra step to provide excellent customer service
* Assist as needed with special events
* Demonstrate a willingness to learn all aspects of your position
* Follow instructions from the House and Theatre Managers
Remember! You are here to serve our patrons needs. If you want to watch a particular performance, you should buy a ticket to ensure you enjoy the entire performance.
Please make sure you read over this job description. If you are able to manage these requirements, we welcome your assistance. Our volunteers’ contribution of time and energy are an important aspect in the operations of the El Campanil Theatre, and help to provide our patrons with a positive theatre experience.
Top Row (Left to Right)
Not Identified * Sarah Hanson * Virginia McClintock Hendrick * Teresa Bazini * Marilyn Wagner
Bottom Row (left to Right)
Lupe Garcia Galarza * Sarah Bellici * Sis Cooney * Leona Marchetti